Monday, December 25, 2006

Spool rack as a trapeze



DH modified my spool rack so I can use it as a trapeze. I had used on the the Glimakra loom with a small warp and it worked. But last night with the table loom it was another story. Part of the problem was that the loom kept sliding and the rack tipping over. I looked at Katy's book (Warp with a Trapeze and Dance with your Loom).
I was missing the clamps! G solved the problem as you can see in this picture.
A 10 yds warp is now on, looks good. I sure hope the tension is even and it does not give me problems. I used a dumbell to weigh the warp, 3 lbs was enough for a 10 inch wide warp. The only thing that I need yet to solve is how to attach the dumbell to the warp. I have tried craft rings, and all kinds of things. I think the ultimate solution is a 5 inch S hook. I have not been able to find one. So if anyone knows where I can get them, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea using your spool rack for the trapeze. i have some smaller S rings but I can't remember where I purchased them. I just know that I thought they would be VERY HANDY one day!

Leigh said...

Thanks for the photos! Your trapeze set-up is almost do-able for me, though I don't have a spool rack. Also the pic of the dumbbells as weights, i.e. how you tied them on. I'll have to start looking at the thrift stores for some of these (sadly I'm still using the milk jugs filled with water.)