Thursday, March 15, 2007

Knitting Font Spreadsheet


There have been questions on how to use the Knitting Font. The one I use is from Aire River Design.
I created a spreadsheet with 2 character wide columns and inserted the gif files. That way I know what key corresponds to what symbol. Also I select the grid so that each square is outlined and the chart stands out. You can use a different background color. If I am going to write a pattern, the charts are inserted in the word processor as a picture. This way the fonts are not changed over to the default word processor font. I save the spreadsheet with the pictures without charts for future use. Click on the picture to see the detail. Note that on top it says: Knitting symbols by CE. If you are going to write the symbol meanings, just select the cell and change the font IN THAT CELL ONLY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's very clever. I'd love to get a copy! Thanks.