Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kathy 1991-2007



My little poodle Kathy passed away the night before last. She had a couple of seizures like episodes, more like strokes I think. She did not make it through the night. She was not in pain, she did not suffer. She was 16 years old and I had her since she was 5 weeks old. Always with me, always aware of what I was up to. She licked my tears and danced with me. It was because of her that I learned to groom in the first place and it was because of her that I got interested in spinning. I have about 1 lb of her hair that I collected over the years and looking for someone to spin it for me was that I found the woman that taught me. When I asked if she would spin my dogs hair she said: no, I will teach you how to do it. Thank you, Judy.

Kathy was a special dog she never complained she never did any damage, she potty trained herself and she let me know when she wanted something. She packed herself in the suitcase when I started packing to come to the USA, she knew I was leaving and was her way of telling me she would not stay behind. I got her out of the suitcase and hugged her and told her: I would never leave you little thing. We are going together to far away lands. She looked at me sighed and I could see she was relieved.We buried her in the yard, right by Petal the Irish Setter that we lost a couple of years ago. I will miss her every single day of my remaining stay in this world and I know we will meet again when my time comes.

Goodbye little one.