Friday, December 28, 2007

Magic!



Amazing what a bit of laundering does.
Here is the finished throw after it was fulled, dried and pressed. It drapes like a dream and is soft as can be. The colors also changed, they muted some and kind of blended into themselves. The recipient aka DH loved it too!



On the other hand, the ugly socks turned even uglier. For whatever reason the skein had an odd color sequence. The second sock has the "right" sequence. The first one had an odd black stripe in there. By the time I realized that the first one was "wrong" it was too late. I do not like the yarn so it will not get ripped or reknit. House socks or boot socks or just socks for warm toes.

The yarn for the English Ribbing scarf was not enough. More is on the wheel.

10 comments:

Kim U said...

The throw is beautiful!

Woven Spun said...

love the blanket

fleegle said...

Drop the socks in a vat of black dye. That;s what I do when I can't look at them. The blanket is lovely, though!

Romi said...

That throw is absolutely exquisite!!!

Unknown said...

The throw is gorgeous and as for the socks-well I don't care if they match or not! I have one, maybe two pairs that i am not that keen on but like you. I'd not throw them out.

Your weaving/spinning impresses me.

Lacefreak said...

Your throw is really beautiful, the socks, not so much. Still, no one is going to get down that close to look at them so they can still be functional :-)

Leigh said...

The throw is absolutely gorgeous! Well done!

The socks wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I like the idea of overdyeing them.

Jackie said...

The socks are a bit.....bright. But like you said, some socks are for warmth and it doesn't matter what they look like.

I wish that I could touch the throw. It looks lovely.

Lark said...

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I have two teenagers who think those socks rock!

Ah well!

The throw is lovely.

Anonymous said...

I could send you my snail mail address so the socks would no longer offend you. Hmmm? Or not.

The colour difference is a reminder which one is the right foot sock and which one is the left foot sock.

Janey
(janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca)