Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tragedy!

Life is ironic. I am the Treasure Chest Guardian for the Heirloom List. It is a yahoogroup linked to Sharon Miller and her patterns. It is a great list with lots of help and informaion. We have contests and the winner can pick whatever she wants from the Treasure Chest. Well last week I came up with the "tell us about your worse knitting tragedy". People started to send in stories about stains, accidental felting, items getting lost or stolen. Well as luck has it, last Friday I spilled coffee over the Christianing Shawl that I am knitting for my best friend's nephew to be born in April. I sent in a HELP message and I have received lots of responses. The conclusion is:
1.Get it out as soon as possible try:
2. Detergent
3. Whink stain remover
4. Miracle White
5. Oxyclean
I transfered the cloth onto a Denise Needles cable, with plastic markers and the left over yarn went into a butterfly skein. Into cold water with laundry detergent. It has been soaking for about an hour now and the stain is a bit lighter but not gone. I guess I'll just have to let it soak for a day or so and if it does not come out start down the list. We'll see how it goes. If it does not come out, I guess I will finish it and dye it AND start over with another shawl for the baby.Wish me luck! Well for some reason this blog does not want to upload pictures today. I guess I'll post them some other time!

No comments: