Saturday, June 24, 2006

Left and Right slanted decreases


Most knitters I know have a hard time with left and right decreases the ssk and k2tog. The ssk never looks right. This week Nona
set a challenge to see who could come up with the best looking ones. I took some pictures of how I do it. See pictures I think these are the left decreases that look the best. It is a matter of turning the stitches around and having the one that is going to lay on top be the first stitch you put the needle through.
My stitches for some reason lay opposite of most people. I don't know exactly why. Just experiment and turn the stitches the way they should be for your particular decrease.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I didn't know you read my blog! Happy to help with the Niebling Thing - I know at least three people have signed up because of my post. Every little helps. I couldn't see your pictures of the paired decreasing, which is something that I have been puzzling over for ages. See my post here http://knittheknits.blogspot.com/2005/06/birch.html

to see how far I got (not far!)