It took me a few days to get the courage to block it. I had thoughts of running stitches that I could not catch and the whole thing unraveling. I bought a set of curtain strechers but it was not large enough. The shawl measures 2 x 2 meters that is 6'x 6' right in Sharon's dimensions. The floor with two bed sheets was the next and only other option. Yarn, darning needles and lots of pins on hand, I did it. Good thing not a single runner! I inspected it very very carefully all over. Here it is.
The pictures include one of the bucket where I washed it. I promise I washed my hands before working on it and I did not roll in the mud with it!. This is to show people that say they do not need to wash their shawls how much dirt they can accumulate while working on them. So spray and block would only encourage stains and discoloration in the long run.
Thanks for all your lovely comments.