It is done! blocked, pictured and everything.
I had a bit of problem getting it to block flat. I could be either because I used 100% linen and it does not have the elasticity that cotton or wool has. The other reason, and I suspect this one is the true one. I stopped knitting it right when I finished the center rose. Several months later I picked it up to finish. Could have been a change in gauge? Don't know, will never know and I am not knitting another one to find out for sure.
It does serve its purpose of draping over the edge of a table as shown in the pictures.
Pattern: The Second Book of Modern Lace ( Marianne Kinzel)
Needles: Inox 2mms in several lengths including a set of DPNs for the center
Amount "not a whole lot" of linen 40/2 by Webs
I guess it could use a bit of starch but I am not going to because it will be going to the Fair and the starch will pickup more dirt than if left alone.
The edge falling over a table.
Detail of the center
Detail of the edge.
Now off to finish plying the yarn for the Peacock Feathers Shawl IF I have managed to spin the right yardage. If not, plans will have to change because all I had of that particular roving went into the dye pot and from there to the wheel.
Edited to add: Margene says it is a shawl. I say it is a Teacloth and I am sticking to it !