Saturday, April 18, 2009

FO: Mystery Cloth



Here it is Breaks and Recesses. I still don't know what the fiber in the yarn is. It washed out well, not a lot of shrinkage and the cloth has nice drape. I don't think it heavy enough for towels but it certainly does not have the character of a shawl.



The closeup to better view the structure. Click for big and you will see.

I think I am just going to let it be woven fabric for a while. Maybe someday it will talk to me and tell me what it wants to be.

It was a fun project with stash yarn of unknown origin. Next time I want more predictable results.

The warp is measured for a baby blanket it looks promising but we'll see.

2 comments:

fleegle said...

Baby blanket?

Lacefreak said...

It looks really pretty and soft and I like the weave. I'm with fleegle. Maybe a baby blanket.