Sunday, April 19, 2009
This is the draft pattern for the baby blanket. It is a Gebrochene on 8 shafts. I can't remember where I got the original draft from. I ended up having to modify it because I did not have enough ends on the warp. The calculations had been made to end up with about 100 yds of left over warp but I came up short, so the next best thing was to change the pattern.
Warp and weft are Noho cotton set at 14 epi.
Width on the reed 17.5 inches
I will weave three panels to end up with an almost square blanket.
This is one of the practice pieces for the coverlet. The purpose is to weave the panels and make them match side by side. Also, to practice the way I am going to join the panels and the hems.
The warp is now on the loom, the heddles are counted. Today I will start threading.