Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cheap cashmere

I do not know how true this article might be. The author does not quote the source of her information nor says how she came about it.
All I can say, is I sure hope its not true or at least exaggerated. IF, this is true, and this is what they are doing with the animals, I can not imagine what they are using for dyes and how they are disposing of the leftovers. Who is going to save the planet?

I have enough good old sheep wool, alpaca and blends to keep me going for several years and my stash does not include any of this questionable cashmere.

2 comments:

fleegle said...

I've heard rumors of this problem before, but nobody has actually given real references or links. I would be more inclined to believe that the cheap cashmere isn't cashmere at all. But there doesn't seem to be proof either way.

Bonnie said...

Sadly I think the cashmere situation is even worse. Here is a link http://www.ecologia.org/china09/supplychain.html